10 great goals to set for this Ramadan
- Eat, drink and be moderate
- Give a dollar a day in charity...or five or ten
- Memorize 4 new Surahs
- Go to Tarawih prayers
- Attend the Tarawih prayer in which the recitation of the Quran will be finished
- Stop swearing and/or backbiting – with a special box
Try this: get a box and every time you catch yourself swearing or backbiting put some money in it. It could be a buck or less. The point is to choose an amount that makes it feel like punishment.
At the end of the month send the money to a charity or buy a gift for the person whom you've backbitten the most against.
- Call/email your relatives
Strengthening ties with family members and keeping in touch with friends is part of our way of life and an act Allah is very pleased with. This Ramadan, call family and friends or at least email them a Ramadan card and ask them how their fasting is going.
- Go on a technology diet
- Read 5 minutes of Quran a day...just five, not more, not less
- Forgive everyone who has hurt you
If you find it very difficult to forgive everyone, forgive at least three people.